The Small Farms Network is a free support service for people who live on or manage rural and peri-urban land on the south coast and southern highlands of NSW. The Network provides support to all landholders ranging from half a hectare to several hundred hectares. Members in our Network range from full time farmers/producers, to residents who visit their property on the weekend and live in Sydney.
A range of services are provided to assist you with your activities whether it be:
* producing beef, sheep, goats, poultry, alpacas or worms
* horticultural crops, farm forestry, bush tucker or vegetables for family or commercial production
* weed control, pasture productivity and soil health advice
* project planning for bushland, creek restoration or shelterbelts design
* training workshops and field days on a wide range of topics
In 2016-17 financial year, the Network coordinated 16 workshops, improving the knowledge and skills of 418 local landholders on topics such as backyard beekeeping, growing red cedars, managing soil biology, horse property planning, sheep management and local fauna. What will 2017-18 bring our way?
Free Regular Newsletter
Keep up to date with all the local news, workshops and funding opportunities. With over 1,700 members why not join today!